Students in Central Massachusetts can apply now
Cornerstone Bank, a community bank with 12 locations throughout central Massachusetts, will be awarding sixteen $2,000 scholarships
to students in the area it serves. Cornerstone Bank is hoping to help 2021 high school graduates throughout their community pursue higher education and foster advancement in the fields of business and finance. The sixteen scholarships will be awarded to the students who best demonstrate achievement in academics, extracurricular activities and community involvement.
“Making sure the future leaders of America get a great education is so important to us at Cornerstone Bank,” said CEO Todd Tallman. “We are excited to be able to help students achieve their dreams every year to go into the business or finance industries. Access to a good education can be difficult for many students, especially with how difficult this past year has been, so we hope the help we are able to provide to this group of graduates helps them to reach their goals.”
To apply for a scholarship, the student must:
- Be a 2021 high school graduate
- Reside within 10 miles of a Cornerstone Bank branch or office
- Anticipate being a full-time student at an accredited, degree-granting institution of higher education
- Anticipate studying in a business or financial field
- Demonstrate achievement and high standards in academics, extracurricular activities, and community involvement
- Submit an official transcript and GPA from their guidance office
In addition, the student must choose one of the following prompts and submit a one-page typed essay:
- Are there any challenges you have had to overcome in your high school career?
- What are your goals for the future, and how will this scholarship assist you in meeting them?
Applications must be submitted or postmarked to Cornerstone Bank by April 5, 2021. Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, or mail to Cornerstone Bank Scholarship Committee: P.O. Box 370, Southbridge, MA, 01550. Selected recipients will be announced by the week of May 24, 2021. Scholarship funds will be disbursed to the student after successful completion of the first semester and upon presentation of an official copy of the first-semester transcript and second-semester bill.
For more information, and to download the application form, please visit https://cornerstonebank.com/scholarships/